We Offer The Following Carpet Cleaning Services
- Fast Drying Carpet Cleaning
- Upholstery & Furniture Cleaning
- Oriental & Area Rug Cleaning
- Carpet & Fabric Protection To Increase Longevity
Our Carpet Cleaning Process
Every great carpet cleaning experience starts with a proper pre-inspection. Our service technician will inspect your particular areas of concern as well as noting carpet construction and soiling conditions. He will also advise you of any possible permanent staining. Most importantly, we'll provide a price before starting
Using family and pet safe cleaning solutions we begin tackling the spots and soils in the carpet. We are spot and stain specialists and if it can come out, we will get it out. Our oxygen powered cleaning solutions are aggressive enough to tackle the most stubborn soils yet safe for the whole family.
We don't just spray water and suck it out. We will power brush scrub the bonded soil from fibers and lift the pile. Carpet typically dries in 1-2 hours, not days. You'll get the most powerful and safest cleaning with the fastest drying time.
We highly recommend you have carpet or fabric protector applied after cleaning. We'll groom and distribute the protector into the carpet or fabric. Below carpet cleaning process is some information about the benefits of fabric protector.
We walk through the areas that have been cleaned when we're finished to ensure that you're happy.
Why should you always have carpet protector applied to your carpet?
Unfortunately there is probably as much confusion in the carpet cleaning industry about carpet protectors as there is about cleaning. Uneducated, uninformed and sometimes downright unscrupulous carpet cleaners cause a great deal of confusion by giving out false information or intentionally misrepresenting the product.
A nylon stain-resist carpet is made with two protective properties: The first is an acid dye blocker that is basically a clear dye that fills the extra dye sites in a fiber. This helps to keep “foreign” dyes (such as red dye in a beverage) from penetrating the carpet fiber. The second property is called a “fluorochemical”. It is commonly known as 3M Scotchgard or DuPont Teflon. This treatment helps keep spillage from actually getting to the acid dye blocker, but its biggest job is to resist dry soil.
By resisting dry soil, less soil bonds to the carpet, therefore being picked-up by your vacuum or cleaning. Making sure that you have a sufficient amount of protector on your carpet will help keep the soil from bonding to the carpet. Once it bonds to the carpet, it acts like sandpaper on your traffic area. Once the traffic area yarns are broken down, there is not way to bring them back to their original state.
2 Primary Ways That Factory Protector is Removed From a Carpet
Regular Foot Traffic
Over a period of 6 months to 2 years depending on the traffic, a significant amount of protector can be removed from your traffic areas and needs to be reapplied.
High Alkaline Cleaner
Uneducated, uninformed, and sometimes downright unscrupulous carpet cleaners use harsh chemicals on the carpet that will strip its protection. If one of these rascals has been in your house, you may want to have the carpet re-protected.
4 Mistakes Other Cleaners Make in Applying Protector
- Not using high quality protector. Discount protectors are not as effective and sometimes void the warranty of the carpet. Our Company uses only the highest quality, recommended DuPont Teflon.
- Not using a dedicated container. Using the same container for carpet protector as other cleaners can contaminate the carpet protector making it gummy and ineffective. Our vans have a dedicated container reserved ONLY for carpet protector.
- Not applying the product properly. Some cleaners either under apply or over apply the protector. Under applying it doesn't allow for complete penetration on the carpet yarns. Over applying it causes the carpet to become overly stiff and crusty. Our Company technicians are diligently trained for proper application.
- Not grooming the carpet. For the best performance, the product should be groomed into the carpet for maximum penetration. This ensures contact with all surfaces of the carpet yarn and proper distribution and drying. Our Company thoroughly grooms the protector into the carpet pile.
5 Reasons You Should Always Get Carpet Protector
- Reduces permanent stains. A great looking carpet can be ruined by an ugly spot. Unprotected carpet doesn't repel spillage as well as protected carpet. Being able to remove spots and spills more effectively, you can avoid permanent staining.
- Helps save your traffic areas from becoming destroyed. Traffic area soil is very abrasive and cuts carpet yarns like a knife. This damaging soil can easily bond to an unprotected carpet. By applying protector, you will increase the life of your carpet dramatically. When you vacuum your protected carpet the soils will release from the carpet pile much more effectivily.
- Make spots easier to remove. The easier a spot is to remove, the less cleaner you will have to use. The less agitation you will have to use, and the less time it will take. Many spots can be removed easily with just water as spills will tend to bead-up on the surface of the carpet rather than soak in.
- Makes your next professional cleaning more effective. Having protector applied to your carpet will enhance your next cleaning. More soil will be removed the next time your carpeting is professionally cleaned.
- Helps avoid costly service calls. Although you want to call us out to handle any spot you cannot remove immediately, carpet protector helps you remove more spots than you could without protector. You may be able to save a minimum charge by removing the spot yourself.
The result of having protector applied to your carpet is that your carpet will
Look better and last longer.
DuPont Teflon Carpet Protector
When carpeting is made, it has two protective properties. One is a “dye blocker” or “stain resist property”. This is simply a clear dye that fills in the empty dye sites, so that it is difficult for a spill or spot to penetrate the fiber. The second is a “soil resistor”. This is a product that is sprayed on and baked at a high temperature. This helps to resist against common dry soil, and as a barrier between the spill and the dye blocker. The Carpet Manufactures recommend re-applying protector after every cleaning. After applying DuPont Teflon to the carpet, more dry soil will be removed with vacuuming, spots will be removed easier, and your carpet will last longer and look better.
Other Cleaning Services
Don’t let just anyone clean your sensitive fabrics
Complete Carpet Care is experienced in cleaning the finest of upholstered fabrics. The following important steps will be taken in cleaning your upholstery:
Step 1: Pre-Inspection
Our technician will perform special tests to determine the content of your fabric.
The content will determine what type of cleaning solutions and techniques will be used. We will also point out any potential permanent stains or areas of concern.
Step 2: Area Preparation
We will prepare the area where the upholstery will be cleaned to protect your surrounding furnishings.
Step 3: Pre-Treat
Depending on your fabric, a special organic solution designed for your fabric type and the soiling condition will be applied to “emulsify” the soil.
Step 4: Soil Extraction
The soil is then extracted from the fabric with a gentle, organic solution.
Step 5: Post Spot
Any remaining spots will be treated with special stain removal products.
Step 6: Post Groom
The upholstery will then be prepared for drying with a gentle combing of the fabric.
Step 7: Post Cleaning Inspection
Our technician will review the cleaning results with you to insure that your expectations have been met.
Area Rug Cleaning
Complete Carpet Care cares for the finest to the most basic rugs from around the world
Your rugs will receive our very thorough 4 Step Cleaning System to get maximum soil and spot removal. Having your rugs cleaned regularly will keep them looking beautiful and lasting longer.
Step 1: Pre-Inspection
We will determine as much as we possibly can about the type of rug and inherent qualities that may affect cleaning. We will outline the expected results and cleaning “prescription”.
Step 2: Pre-Condition
Depending on fiber content and soiling type, the rug will be pre-treated to emulsify the soils.
Step 3: Rinse or Wash
We will use a gentle brush on the fibers lifting the pile to restore their luster.
Step 4: Finishing
The last step is combing and finishing with groomers made for specialty rugs.
How to care for your oriental rug
To insure even wear, your rug should be rotated once a year. Depending on the traffic, the rotation may vary from six months to two years.
Oriental rugs, like most carpeting, should be vacuumed on a regular basis to remove dirt and restore life to the fibers. Be sure not to vacuum the fringe with your beater bar! Use the end of a vacuum hose from a canister vacuum.
A quality pad used under your rug helps protect it from dirt, wear and slippage.
Spot & Spill Procedures
Make sure that you safely and immediately clean up spots and spills before they set.
- First, soak up the excess liquid by blotting with a clean absorbent cloth. Do not brush or rub the stain.
- Then spot-clean with a mild detergent-white vinegar-water solution. Do-not over wet.
- Blot dry until most of the moisture has been absorbed.
- Allow to air dry. A fan or cool hair dryer can be used to hasten the drying process.
For stains that do not come out using these methods, ask our cleaning specialist.
Commercial Carpet Cleaning
Keeping up the appearance of your commercial carpet is important to your customers and employees.
Having sparkling clean carpets not only makes a great first impression for your clients but shows your staff that you care about their work environment.
Commercial carpet collects everything that is tracked in from the street as well as all the spills that occur, not to mention all the dust, dust mites, germs and bacteria. This affects the air you breathe. Did you know that outdoor air is cleaner than indoor air? Regular cleaning of you carpets actually keeps the air you breathe cleaner and healthier.
Complete Carpet Care has been Commercial carpet cleaning in the Greater Seattle area for nearly 20 years. We clean medical and dental offices, car dealerships, large and small office spaces, schools, retail stores, churches, condominium common areas and more.
Some benefits of our Very Low Moisture commercial carpet cleaning:
- Nothing cleans up commercial carpet more beautifully
- Carpets dry in less than 2 hours
- No harsh chemicals used, our process uses 99% biodegradable cleaners
- Environmentally friendly as we use only about 4 gallons of water to clean 1000 sq. ft. of carpet (vs. 100 gallons per 1000 sq. ft. for steam cleaning)
- Secure, as there are no hoses to run so doors can stay locked after hours.
- Unlike “steam cleaning” no reappearing spots and stains or traffic lanes
- Super quiet so clients and staff are undisturbed if done during business hours
- Process recommended by the largest carpet manufacturers
While we would welcome the opportunity to clean your commercial carpets one time, to keep them clean and maintain their appearance, a regular maintenance program is best. If you own the carpet you’ll want to protect your investment, and regular cleaning will double the life of your commercial carpet.